With the average price of gas dipping below two dollars per gallon for the first time since 2009, many motorists have been seeing a real savings at the pump. Putting some of that savings toward basic auto care can lead to more miles per gallon and, in turn, more savings, says the non-profit Car Care Council.
The Car Care Council encourages motorists to be car care aware and perform these five simple steps to improve fuel economy and save money.
- Check Tire Pressure: Keep tires properly inflated and improve gas mileage by up to 3.3 percent.
- Use the Right Motor Oil: Improve gas mileage by 1 to 2 percent by using the grade of motor oil recommended by the manufacturer.
- Replace Clogged Air Filters: Replacing clogged air filters on older vehicles can improve fuel economy and will improve performance and acceleration on all vehicles.
- Check Engine Performance: Keep your engine running efficiently and improve gas mileage by an average of 4 percent.
- Fix It: Addressing a serious maintenance problem, like a faulty oxygen sensor, can improve mileage by as much as 40 percent, according to www.fueleconomy.gov.
“Proactive vehicle maintenance is a motorist’s best money saving tip,” said Rich White, executive director, Car Care Council. “Routine auto care not only helps save on fuel costs, but it helps identify small issues so they can be serviced before they become bigger and more costly to repair.”
To help motorists increase fuel economy and take better care of their vehicles, the Car Care Council offers valuable tools on its website, including a free personalized schedule and email reminder service.
The Car Care Council is the source of information for the “Be Car Care Aware” consumer education campaign promoting the benefits of regular vehicle care, maintenance and repair to consumers.
Glenwood offers a no hassle 3 Year / 60 000 km warranty on our repairs. This warranty is covered nation wide in Canada & the United States.
Glenwood Auto are your Trusted Saskatoon Auto Repair & Services Professional Your vehicle will be professionally diagnosed and top quality parts will be installed by technicians with years of experience that you can trust